Sunday, June 8, 2008

Entry for June 8, 2008

This week I had a session at my house so I was able to stick Ella in front of the backdrop before my client arrived.  Ella hammed it up as usual, and I got some way cute shots.  I also made my husband jump in with her so I could get some daddy daughter shots.  This close to Fathers day I thought we should get some that show how much Ella loves her daddy. 


CRW_5477emailCRW_5509webCRW_5548webCRW_5564backdrop




I also tried out something new this week.  I have heard and read a lot about “digital painting” where you use various computer programs to “paint” over a photograph.  The technique I was most interested in was the Photoshop smudge technique.  I decided that it was about time I stopped reading about it and gave it a try.  So I choose a simple picture from Ella’s most recent photo shoot and had at it.  I am not sure if I did very good, but I think it isn’t bad for my first try!  It was a lot of fun, and I think I might spend some more time learning how to do this.  I am not much of an artist in the traditional sense, so this may be a way that I can stretch my artistic abilities.

CRW_5477emailCRW_5477painting WEB


This week I also had a special photo shoot.  I had K over to do a “Fantasy shoot”.  The photographs we took were created especially to make some fantasy fairy photographs for her new bedroom.  She dressed up in an old dance costume, we posed her in front of a plain backdrop and then later in Photoshop I cut her out of the pictures and added her to some nature scenes then added some butterfly wings.  She was a perfect fairy and we got lots of great finished composites for her to choose from.  While she was here, we also had her show off her new bathing suit in front of our new blue backdrop.  She is so photogenic, and listens to directions so well!  I had so much fun with K and her Mom, it was a perfect photo shoot.


IMG_5519 copywebIMG_5579 copywebIMG_5590FinishedwebIMG_5520_3FinishedWEBCRW_3581finishedWEBIMG_5548_finishedWEBIMG_5576 finishedWEBCRW_5653CRW_5646CRW_5654CRW_5656CRW_5660CRW_5667CRW_5661CRW_5670

1 comment:

  1. Thank's sister carlson!!!!!!!!love e'm all!!!!!!
    Kierstyn M.

    ReplyDelete