Monday, May 26, 2008

Entry for May 26, 2008

This week was wonderful.  I got to do my first outdoors family in a long time.  I also got to shoot a wedding down in Birmingham.


 I had not been down to Big Spring park since spring had come so I was a little worried about what I was getting myself into when I arrived for my shoot on Thursday.  Luckily it was very pretty, and the weather was nice.  Unfortunately the spring was turned off so we weren’t able to get any shots with the water spraying up in the background but we found some great spots anyway.  I wasn’t the only photographer out, so we had to dodge another session, but it wasn’t too hard.  This family had requested outdoors because they didn’t want “traditional” family portraits.  I had to stretch myself a little to come up with some interesting poses but I think that overall the session went very well and we got some great pictures for them to choose from.  I had a blast with their two sweet girls. 


 CRW_4851CRW_4853rockinCRW_4863CRW_4884CRW_4905rockinCRW_4912CRW_4926rockinCRW_4957CRW_4976CRW_4993vintageCRW_5046rockin


I drove down to B’ham this weekend to shoot the formal portraits for a LDS temple wedding.  Because the actual Temple ceremony is sacred to the LDS, there are no pictures during the wedding.  So usually the Bride, Groom and family meet outside afterwards to take pictures on the gorgeous grounds surrounding the Temple.  It was a beautiful day with blue skies and big puffy clouds.  It was also about 100 degrees in the sun and since it was at 1pm, no shade to hide in.  Everyone was wilting in the heat but the Bride and Groom toughed it out and we got some fabulous shots.  There were no attendants for either the bride or the groom so we did mostly shots of the families and then shots of the new husband and wife.  It was sweltering in the heat, but fun nonetheless and was a good experience.  I haven't had a chance to go through all the pictures yet, but here are some of my favorites so far.


 CRW_5140webCRW_5156webCRW_5151webCRW_5259web


Only one more session left this month, then a short break before our next round of sessions start.


Have a great Memorial Day!

2 comments:

  1. Great pics Shannon - everytime I see what you have done I think how glad I am not to be the one choosing!
    --Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots...especially of the wedding! You did a great job with all that sunlight! I am sure they are gonna be happy with all those pics!
    --Sharon

    ReplyDelete