Sunday, May 4, 2008

Entry for May 4, 2008

Family portraits.  As I mentioned in previous posts my family has been visiting.  This is the first time in 2 years that everyone has been together at the same time.  Since we didn’t know when we would be together again my mom insisted on a family portrait.  I find self portraits particularly difficult to take, especially when I have to pose everyone, set up the camera, set the timer and run to take my place.  Doing this 7 or 8 times to get a good shot is exhausting!  I wouldn’t say that the result is my best work, but considering the conditions, I am happy with the final product.  Also, we had a lot of fun, which is always important!  I also took some family portraits for my older sister.   My family sure does take advantage of having a photographer in the family!


 CRW_3999edited8x10_filteredCRW_3958_filtered


CRW_4006editedvintage


CRW_3981edited


Yesterday I got to do a maternity session, my first in a long time.  I was excited and had so much fun planning the shoot.  We didn’t get to use all of my ideas, but we got to do some of my favorite maternity shots.  J was so much fun to shoot; she was the image of a perfect pregnancy.  Thin, beautiful and with a round basketball tummy.  Her daughter was also a delight; although shy she preformed well and got over half way through the shoot before having to be bribed with candy.  Overall the shoot went fantastic and I feel so lucky that J asked me to document this precious moment in her life.


CRW_4344SCCRW_4337SCCRW_4321BWCRW_4333SC




CRW_4257CRW_4272CRW_4298CRW_4307CRW_4349

3 comments:

  1. I love the one with the pink ribbon around her tummy...I've never seen one like that. And I love the one of her and her daughter pulling up her own shirt. Too cute!!!
    --jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y'all looked like you were having some good times with your family...especially that second one! :) I agree with Jen on the maternity pics. Those are cute!
    --Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I wish we where close enough that you could take some maternity pics of me. I was never able to with Zelda. The pictures are beautiful sis! I love you!
    --Clara

    ReplyDelete