Sunday, February 24, 2008

Entry for February 24, 2008

This week we had everything from bright & sunny, to dark at 3pm overcast skies.  I am still trying to get Ella to pose outdoors for me. I am stubborn, what can I say?  This time I took her out on a bright sunny day with cute little puffball clouds in the sky.

 IMG_2235

I bribed her with bubbles to get her to stay in approximately the same spot.  It worked ok, but I am still not satisfied with the result.  I will have to try again next week.


The bribe:


 IMG_2214 copyIMG_2222 copy


The keepers:


 IMG_2191 copyIMG_2226 copyIMG_2196 copy


This week I got to photograph a couple of sisters.  Unfortunately this was on a day where it was dark at 3pm from the clouds and we only got about 45 min into the shoot when it started to rain. We drove over to downtown Huntsville for this shoot.  We started out in the park, with the intention of hitting the streets and alleys next but Mother Nature had other plans. Even with the rain, and the lack of light we had a great time and the pictures turned out great!  These girls have so much personality and were a joy to shoot.  They had tons of ideas for things they wanted to do in the pictures and I let them have free reign with a little fine tuning from me on the poses.  It helps that they are so cute, but I think this is my favorite shoot so far this year.


Some of my favorites from the session:


 CRW_2605_filtered_candycornCRW_2539_filtered_tartCRW_2571_filtered_candycornCRW_2552_filtered


 CRW_2521_filtered_rockinCRW_2506_filteredCRW_2559_filtered_rockinCRW_2532_filtered


CRW_2592_filtered_RockinCRW_2458_filtered_rockinCRW_2607_filteredCRW_2614_filtered_rockin


I will try to update later this week with a photo tip for you.  Sick husband and kid mean not as much playtime for this photographer.    Anyone have something they would like to know more about, or have a tip they would like to share?


 


Have a wonderful week!


Shannon Carlson

4 comments:

  1. What AWESOME pictures! I LOVE the last closeup of K with her hand on her chin. :)
    --Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such a GREAT job! Those are beautiful and I love the colors! Of course it helps if you have cute subjects! :)
    --Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arent those just the most beautiful girls?
    Yep - I am their proud aunt ;)
    I love them all - but my favorite is the one with their arms folded ~ it shows their sassiness :)
    --Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fun! I like the editing done and the tone in them. My fave is the top one of K!
    --kim g

    ReplyDelete